Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our privacy practices and let us know if you have any questions.
In order to provide our services to you, we will ask you to provide personal information that is necessary to provide those services to you. If you do not provide your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services.
We will only collect the information that is necessary for its specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes. We may collect the following types of information (which may or may not be personal information):
a) Information you provide to us or upload (including your contact details): we may collect any and all personal information you provide to us, like your nickname, email address, HW Account details (e.g. your nickname, gender), phone numbers you insert into your contacts or to send a message, feedback, and any other information you provide us.
b) Information specific to you that may be assigned by us: we may collect and use information such as your HW Account ID.
c) Device information: information related to your phone device. For example, OS Type, OS Version.
d) Location information (only for specific services/functionalities): various types of information on your location. For example, region, country code , time zone settings, language settings.
e) Log information: information related to your use of certain functions, apps and websites. For example, anonymous identifier technologies, IP addresses, network request information, temporary message history, standard system logs, crash information.
We may also collect other types of information which are not directly or indirectly linked to an individual and which is aggregated, anonymized or de-identified. For example, the device model and system version number of the user’s mobile phone device may be collected when using a particular service. Such information is collected in order to improve the services we provide to you.
Personal information is collected for providing services and / or products to you, and legal compliance on our part under applicable laws. You hereby consent that we may process your personal information.
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
1) Providing, processing, maintaining, improving and developing our goods and/or services to you, including after-sales and customer support and for services on your device or through our websites.
2) Communicating with you about your device, service or any general queries, such as updates, customer inquiry support, information about our events, notices.
3) Analyzing and developing statistical information on use of our products and services to better improve our products and services
4) Optimizing the performance of your device, such as analyzing the memory usage or CPU utilization of our applications.
5) Storing and maintaining information about you for our business operations or legal obligations.
6) Providing local services without communicating with our servers.
Here are more details on how we use your information (which may include personal information):
a) Setting up your Account. Personal information collected when creating a account on our web sites or through our mobile software is used for creating the personal account and profile page for the user.
b) Provide cloud storage service. When a user purchased the cloud storage service, we collect the user's location information (country code, IP address) to determine where the business data is stored
c) Providing location based services. In the course of using our services, location information (GPS data, Country code, IP address) may also be used by us or Third Party Service Providers to serve you the correct version of the service and provide accurate details about that location for the best possible user experience, e.g. weather details, area server access. You may turn this off at any time by going into the device settings or discontinue use of that application.
d) Improving user experience. Some opt-in features, such as the User Experience Program, allow us to analyze data about how users use our iot products, application and services, so as to improve the user experience, such as sending crash reports.
e) Collecting user feedback. The feedback you choose to provide is valuable in helping us make improvements to our services. In order to follow up on the feedback you have chosen to provide, we may correspond with you using the personal information that you have provided and keep records.
f) Sending notices. From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about changes of service, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
We do not sell your personal information for marketing purposes. We limit disclosure of your personal information as listed below. We may disclose your personal information:
1) To our third party service providers who perform certain business-related functions for us, such as website hosting, data analysis, payment and credit card processing, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, e-mail delivery services, and other similar services to enable them to provide services to us.
2) As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) in any manner permitted under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations, business and systems; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of other users, including you; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
3) Except for the third parties described above, to third parties only with your consent. Please note that we do not control any third parties' use or disclosure of your information.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure or other similar risks, we have put in place reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on your mobile device and on ours websites. We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information.
All your personal information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. We classify your data based on importance and sensitivity, and ensure that your personal information has the highest security level. We make sure that our employees and Third Party Service Providers who access the information to help provide you with our products and services are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet such obligations. We have special access controls for cloud based data storage as well. All in all, we regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against any unauthorized access and use.
We will take all practicable steps to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure, and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
We will take upon the personal data breach, notifying the breach to relevant supervisory authority or under some circumstances, notifying the personal data breach to the data subjects by complying with applicable laws, including your local data protection legislation.
1) You can play your part in safeguarding your personal information by not disclosing your login password or account information to anybody unless such person is duly authorized by you. Whenever you log in as a HW Account user on ours websites, particularly on somebody else's computer or on public Internet terminals, you should always log out at the end of your session.
2) We cannot be held responsible for lapses in security caused by third party accesses to your personal information as a result of your failure to keep your personal information private. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you must notify us immediately if there is any unauthorized use of your account by any other Internet user or any other breach of security.
3) Your assistance will help us protect the privacy of your personal information.